Well folks, Christmas has officially come to a close. Even if you celebrated the day after or the day after that, you’re probably done by now. This Christmas has been wonderful around the Derksen house. It’s been full of lights, happy noise, presents, people, tons of food, and many sweet reminders of the birth of Christ. As our Christmastime comes to a close I wanted to share a few of my favorite things from this past Christmas:
- my mom’s chocolate peanut butter balls (mmm…yummy)
- the excitement of my little boys every morning as they race out of bed to open their advent calendars
- playing games with my boys
- sitting out by the firepit
- putting reindeer food out on the lawn on Christmas Eve
- hearing my little five year old read the story of Jesus’ birth from the Bible
- being with family
- making gingerbread houses
- pancakes, coffee, and a fire on Christmas morning
- after all the amazing craziness slowed down…going on a date with my handsome hubby
Here are a couple of pics from my christmas with my boys. They’re just shot with my little point and shoot cause that’s what is usually handy in my pocket or purse.
Merry (Belated) Christmas and a Happy New Year!